Tuesday, June 7, 2011

All Souls Day and a Short Prayer for Father

Well, I was pretty much wasted after arriving my current apartment last night. Remembering it was All Souls Day, I decided to say a short prayer for father in my drunkeness. I haven't touched the rosary for a momth of Sundays already, but I said Our Father and Hail Mary a couple times for him.

What have I leaned from this rugged man?
Getting up early every morning, always doing something obviously making good use of every single minute. He never complained about life and was never lazy. He was not highly-educated not because he was a hopeless student but because of the financial problem at home.

Mother is very friendly, extremely good with people, and a social butterfly. She loves nice clothes and takes care of herself well. Like many other women of Burma, she also enjoys exhcanging juicy gossips on celebrities and neighbors. She prays a lot too.

Father has passed away in my absence. Hopefully, mother is still alive and kicking when I get to visit the country.

Oh The Most Holy One, please bless and take good care of her well.
May father's soul rest in peace in the kindom of God. May the souls of the faithful departed thorough the mercy of God, rest in peace. Aman.

0 comments:

Post a Comment